January 30, 2012

Craft Time!

Just to be clear: I am in no way "crafty" - I don't make things from scratch, I do not sew, I hate glue guns and glitter pisses me off.  I do have occasional moments where I see something and think I could make that.


For example, the other day on Pinterest I saw this:


Pinned Image
Link
I think it's a fun, great way to visualize your goal and success at the same time.  The large pink diamond is for the very last pound lost.  

So what did I do?  I went to Hobby Lobby, of course.  

Found the exact same glass jars, some green stones (I like colorful), some thick pink alphabet stickers and a giant pink diamond.  $23.49 later:

For some reason my camera flash made the glass look lined.  

Mine isn't as neat as the original, but hey, I think it's pretty good.  I look forward to that pink diamond being the last stone left in the "Pounds to go" jar, and then taking it out and putting it in the "Pounds lost!" jar.  I'm going to have a massive party when that happens! 

So there's your craft lesson for today, brought to you by Bea's Craft Hour.   


Tomorrow I"ll be posting over at Different Paths, Same Destination about my formerly awful eating habits.  It's personal, it's exposing, and I felt great after writing it!  Be sure to go check it out and follow the blog if you don't already! Today's former food post is by B!



16 comments:

  1. Glitter pisses me off is absolutely fantastic. It'll probably make me laugh all day.

    I'm not a crafting kinda gal, and probably never will be, but I might consider doing this myself. I love the diamond idea.

    Thanks for this wonderful post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I gave up on being crafty a long time ago. I do not have the patience for it at all...this is super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love crafts. Real crafts. You know... crafts which have some useful purpose. So I make jewelry. I make greeting cards. I sew. I crochet.

    But glitter? The only purpose for it's miserable existence is to stick itself to your forehead, announcing to the world, "Hey look, I have glitter on my forehead, so therefore I am a talented crafty person." And then it clings there like a wart, no matter how hard you try to remove it.

    Evil little bugger.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this is a great idea-- Pinterest is so awesome, so much inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a jolly good idea! You have a lovely, upbeat attitude. I'm rooting for you all the way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. New follower here :-)

    I think these jars are a fantastic idea, I'm one for visual motivation and this would be right up my street!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a brilliant idea. I cannot do crafts either. My gran and my mum could crochet the most gorgeous table clothes. And they made their own clothes with sewing machines. They tried to teach me, but I couldn't do it. I'm a genetic freak in my family.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well done on being able to make it. I could maybe make one of those too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Like I told you, I love this! I may have to do this myself. Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Question for you, which feel free not to answer. Did you do 1 pound per stone? How often to do weigh yourself? What happens if you've gone up a pound, do you put it back in the first jar? The logistical, pessimistic side of me is wondering how that would be put into practice :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 1 pound per stone, and if I gain weight, whatever I gain goes back in the "Pounds to go" jar. I weigh once a week.

      Delete
  11. Healthly food is Have storng Heartsatta king and fresh air is like refresh your internl body satta king

    ReplyDelete
  12. nie trzeba już znosić groźne i ciągłe rozmowy telefoniczne od wierzycieli i agencji windyk. Wszystko, co musisz zrobić, to skierować je do adwokata, który potwierdzi bankructwa dla nich. Po tym, jest to nielegalne dla wierzycieli nękać w jakikolwiek sposób.
    play bazaar satta king

    ReplyDelete