August 15, 2013

Ab Ripper X (or why I hate Tony Horton)

So, as Hubs and I have increased our stamina and fitness, we decided to up the intensity of our workouts. Hubs did P90X a few years ago and was some kinda buff.  Then he got the flu, took a week off and that was all she wrote.  He held on to the DVDs though, so when discussing our exercises he suggested we start using the Ab Ripper X workout every other day to help prepare ourselves for when we jump into the full P90X workout schedule.  Of course I thought it was a brilliant idea.  We could continue to improve our fitness and throw in some intense ab workouts to better prepare for the next step.  I have been feeling super enthusiastic about my workouts, and I know I have gained stamina, strength and endurance.  Surely I was ready for a 15-minute ab workout.  Should be no problem, right? 

Wrong.  So, so wrong. 

The P90X guy, Tony Horton, is super fit.  Like Chuck Norris before his Walker, Texas Ranger days.  Like Arnold Schwarzenegger in The Terminator.  Like Sly Stallone in Rocky.  You know, FIT. He's also really enthusiastic.  He talks a lot.  Like, a whole lot.  Although his words are that of encouragement, you can't help but get pissed when you're sweating like a pig, out of breath trying to do the 117th variation of a sit up and this guy is Chatty Kathy-ing it up about spandex or feeling good or something (I'm not entirely sure, I wasn't listening. I was trying not to think about the remaining seven minutes in the workout). 

I won't lie, I feel like a beast after completing the workout.  But it HURTS. LIKE. HELL.  My abs were so sore the next day that I could have cried. I did it again on the second assigned night and it was just as torturous as the first time.  My abs weren't quite as angry at me the day after that, though, so I'm hopeful that after I fight through it tonight my abs will have adjusted and be able to forgive me.  

All in the name of being fit and sexy. 

10 comments:

  1. Good work Article is awosome i like satta king by the next afternoon I'm chomping at the bit to get back to it.play bazaar

    ReplyDelete
  2. Satta King by see your blog i am very happy to know this i have very knowledge for this thankyou for sharing for know live gaming result checkout Play Bazaar

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is very good blog spot where you can find best knowledge
    about bhakti to know more please visit our website
    bhaKti Bhajan
    Religion Bhajan

    ReplyDelete
  4. please check out website their is a good content where you can learn about bhakti and it will give peace to your soul
    bhaKti Bhajan
    Religion Bhajan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Play Bazaar If you are unsure of which products are safe, ask the store in which you are purchasing Satta King them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If Play Bazaar you suffer from sleep apnea avoid any sort of opiate at all costs. Most opiates are used to treat pain, but the use of opiates in even mild sufferers of sleep apnea can possibly be life threatening. Though sleep is important, your life is obviously much more Satta King important, so avoid opiates.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wenn Sie groß in das Training sind, seien Sie gemäßigt über Ihre High-Impact-Übungen. Große Anstrengung in diesen Hardcore-Fitness-Therapien können tatsächlich ihre Säure-Reflux verschlimmern. play bazaar satta king

    ReplyDelete
  8. Learn about newsletters and how to manage an e-mail inbox. Find out what you can do and use it to your advantage. play bazaar
    satta king

    ReplyDelete
  9. brother scanner


    brother control center


    fix brother printer offline


    setup brother printer wifi


    why is my brother printer not connecting to my mac
    Impressive!Thanks for the post

    very nice… i really like your blog…

    very interesting , good job and thanks for sharing such a good blog.

    Interesting stuff to read. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete