August 14, 2013

Little victories

Yesterday I had some girl time planned with some lady friends, and as I haven't put on a pair of jeans since Spring, I reached automatically for the size 26 (yes, internet, I just admitted my pant size) jeans, the 'ol reliable off-brand-because-popular-clothing-companies-refuse-to-use-that-many-yards-of-fabric-for-one-pair-of-jeans-because-if-they-did-it-would-cost-$200/pair.  When I put them on, I was delighted to find that they were way too big.
I WISH my stomach was this small (it will be). You get the picture. 

I had a couple of other size 26 jeans and one pair of size 24, but in my peripheral I saw hanging in my closet a pair of Mossimo 22s I bought back in 2005.  Yes, I've been hanging on to them for eight years.  When they no longer fit, I told myself that someday I'd be able to wear them again, after one of the MANY diets I attempted.  Each time I went through my clothes to toss out stuff, I never threw them out.  Despite the fact that when I tried to put them on I looked like this:
This tummy picture is much more accurate.


I still held on to the hope that someday, somehow, I'd start losing weight and I'd need them in the in-between sizes. 

Yes, 22 is still a quite large size, but since I haven't been able to FIT into them in over eight years, I figured being able to get them on again would be a small victory of sorts.  I debated internally for a few minutes, then decided to give it the old college try and see if I could squeeze myself into them.  I pulled them up with a fair bit of ease, then took a breath and pulled the waist together to button.

EASY. PEASY.

The buttons snapped with no pulling, no struggling, no sucking in or laying flat on my back.  Those puppies not only fit, they were LOOSE!

WHAT. 

I just stared down at my waist for a second, then started to giggle.  Yes, I giggled in my closet.  For a good two minutes.  Then I just felt such pride.  You dropped two pants sizes, I realized.  Two! That thought was followed by, If you can drop two sizes, then by God, you can drop more!

Of course the little nagging witch in my head (I call her Myrtle) was there to try and convince me that it's impossible to lose that much weight, but I shut her up easily this time.  I CAN do it.  I can get down to a size that I'm comfortable and confident in.  I can, and I will.

Just sit back and watch me, Myrtle.






7 comments:

  1. Awesome! Keep it up :)

    (I have some of those jeans too that I'm hoping I'll fit in one day)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good work Article is awosome i like satta king by the next afternoon I'm chomping at the bit to get back to it.play bazaar

    ReplyDelete
  3. Speak Play Bazaar with an experienced professional before beginning your project. Even when you are the primary landscaper, you should seek professional advice on Satta King any big projects.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stattdessen, mischen Sie es und bekommen einige Zeit mit moderateren Fitness-Routinen. Eine gute Wahl ist ein langer Spaziergang mit mittlerer Geschwindigkeit.
    play bazaar satta king

    ReplyDelete
  5. Look for companies that offer deals on their products. Customers love bargains. By marketing for these types of companies, you can obtain deals and coupons that you can pass on to the customers. play bazaar
    satta king

    ReplyDelete